Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Not so fast my friend...

Well, we thought we had the house sold, but the buyers backed out the day the inspection was due. Yeah, that really stinks. Because we live in a buyer-friendly state there's not really anything we can do to get the earnest back. Apparently the couple buying the home is going through a divorce and couldn't agree on the house. Kind of strange if you ask me.

After recovering from our anger and disappointment, we put the house back on the market. Well, it's a little harder this time around. We haven't had many people look at the house since then and of course no offers. We've decided to hold an open house this Sunday in the hope that it will draw in a few more people.

Now for some good news... our visa applications just got accepted yesterday from Danish Immigration! I FedEx'd our passports to get the stamps so we can be legal to reside in the land of the Danes. We should have them by this week.

So... when do we actually go? Well at first we thought that the sale of the house would hold us back, but our agent says we will still be able to sell or close on the house while we are overseas. Also, my new boss suggests that I start work by 3/29. So now we are looking at a departure date of the weekend of the 24th. Oh my gosh that's less than 4 weeks away!

We've got a lot more to do between now and then, but with a tangible date in mind I think we are both a little saner.

1 comment:

Pat G. said...

Selling from overseas isn't all that bad from what I can tell. I bought my place from someone who'd already moved to Saudi Arabia. The negotiation took about 4 days, though Cheryl told me that that was slower than normal just because of the offer/counter-offer being slow with the time difference. Since she had an agent in Dallas though, no problems at all with the buying/selling process.

Good luck.