Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

(written by Tom)

Halloween is apparently catching on here. I haven't yet seen any houses done up quite like they are in the US, but I do see people putting carved pumpkins and candles outside their doors. As far as candy, I'm not quite sure what they do for trick or treating because the candy bags they sell in the store do not seem to have individually wrapped treats. Lindsay bought some candy and is planning on putting them in ziplock bags to hand out in case any goblins come by the house tonight. Cavan was going to dress up in a tiger suit tonight but we may have to cancel because he has a little ear infection. We'll try to get pictures out when we can.

Last weekend I was invited to play in a friendly game of flag football that pitted some Microsofties against a selected few from Mærsk, a shipping company. Most people had never played before, not to mention even knowing what the rules are. But it was fun. I got bumped aroud a lot but managed to make a few good defensive plays. The Mærsk guys were just too physical and were able kept us out of the endzone. One of the guys on the other team was a rugby player and at times I think forgot he was playing "flag" football. I've never been hit by a truck but I think I came close to experiencing it on Sunday. X(

No comments: